- This event has passed.
Innovating in the Enterprise III: Building the Right Product (SF)
November 8, 2014 @ 10:00 am - 3:00 pm
This is session two of a three-part class series designed around teaching ‘intrapreneurs’ a systematic approach to formulating, developing, and integrating new ideas into their companies.
Innovation is a watchword for just about every company these days. But what does that really mean and how do you do it consistently? In this class series, you’ll learn a systematic, repeatable and teachable approach to driving innovation at your company.
Students can pick and choose from three integrated modules: 1) Needfinding & Solution Validation 2) The 20 Minute Business Case and 3) Building the Right Product.
If you’re looking to become more effective at leading valuable change in the enterprise, this series is for you. By the end, you’ll have a systematic playbook for innovation that you can leverage in any role or situation.
ABOUT SESSION III
What is it about building things that’s so exciting? It’s exciting to see what might happen when we’re done. Sometimes this can lead to building too much too soon with the opposite result: major disappointments that derail projects and dampen morale.
In this session, you’ll learn how to link best practice needfinding and design with product (and promotion) development. You’ll also learn how to avoid premature overbuilding and waste, instead organizing your program with stepwise, success-based progress.
- Hands-on experience linking agile user stories and storyboards to personas and value propositions
- Hands-on experience mapping out and monitoring the complete customer (or user) experience
- Techniques for decomposing your idea into a set of UI components and then selecting and diagnosing the applicability of comparable existing implementations
- Know-how and do’s + dont’s for creating prototypes and wireframes
- Techniques for structuring key user experience assumptions and testing them to know if you’re on the right track or need to revise