This is a two-part workshop where you will learn to use design-thinking to create a business or product idea, then come back after working on it for a month to build your business model and action plan.
If you have an idea for a new product or venture this two part workshop is for you. By the end, you will know if your idea is worth the further investment of your time, and you will have learned a repeatable process to vet new product and business ideas in the future.
This class applies to entrepreneurs creating new ventures, ‘intrapreneurs’ working within existing companies, and coaches of product teams.
Takeaways for ‘Day One’:
* An applied understanding of how to create a customer-driven foundation for your venture using design thinking (personas, problem scenarios, value propositions)
* Techniques to link the above with a set of lightweight, testable assumptions so you can validate or revise the venture (a la ‘Lean Startup)
* How to Integrate the above into an actionable business shorthand using the Business Model Canvas
* Use of a ‘customer discovery toolkit’ and an understanding of what works where
• A practical approach to focusing your team on validating your assumptions and avoiding wasted time, money, and effort
Takeaways for ‘Day Two’:
* Instructor-led review of your work on customer discovery
* Advanced techniques for customer discovery, including hands-on exercises
* Instructor-led creation of a working Business Model Canvas as a more innovation-friendly substitute for a traditional ‘business plan’
* Hands-on understanding of tools and techniques to use in coaching and organizing the rest of your team through the techniques above
* Action plan to validate your value proposition and business model