- This event has passed.
Venture Design Session 2 @ Women’s Startup Lab
October 21, 2014 @ 9:30 am - 1:00 pm
This is a private event for the Women’s Startup Lab, part of a two part series.
In this event, we’ll cover the 4th and 5th Venture Design modules:
Your understanding of the pairing between your customer personas and value propositions is the ‘independent variable’ that drives the business. But smart, effective executions often determine success. In this workshop, we’ll use the Business Model Canvas as an organizing tool to step through the rest of your business model. The goal of the workshop is to help you ask the right questions about your business model and, where necessary, attach Lean Startup style assumptions and closed loop experiments to them.
- Hands-on experience using the Business Model Canvas to clearly and explicitly define the critical aspects of a venture
- Know-how attaching pivotal assumptions to a business model, where needed
- A completed Business Model Canvas for your venture
- Making sure things add up
Buildings things is fun and exciting. It’s good to get a little carried away- it helps keep up the excitement level. But it’s also good to make sure every single thing you invest in building is clearly attached to explicitly defined customer needs and behaviors. Where you’re not sure about something, it’s important to attach your implementation to clear assumptions that can be proven or disproven once you put the product in the hands of customers.
In this workshop, you’ll learn how to use agile user stories and prototypes/wireframes to make sure your product implementation is closely and explicitly tied to your understanding of what’s going to make your venture successful. You’ll also learn how to diagnose the UI elements your products needs and select comparables to discuss with your team so you don’t reinvent the wheel.
- Hands-on experience linking agile user stories and storyboards to personas and value propositions
- Techniques for decomposing your idea into a set of UI components and then selecting and diagnosing the applicability of comparable existing implementations
- Know-how and do’s + dont’s for creating prototypes and wireframes
- Making sure your product isn’t a floor wax when you were thinking dessert