- This event has passed.
Venture Design Workshop (private)
September 10, 2014 @ 8:00 am - 12:00 pm
This is a workshop for Swiss students of entrepreneurship visiting Silicon Valley on a study tour. Participants will learn to use design-thinking, Lean Startup, and agile to structure and test their new business idea. By the end, students will understand how to determine if their idea is worth the further investment of their time as well as a repeatable process to create new products and ventures.
PRODUCT DESIGN & VALIDATION
Successful ventures are built on:
- A strong foundation understanding of the customer
- Adaptive progress to product and promotion that works
In this session you’ll learn actionable practices from the discipline of design thinking, Lean Startup and customer discovery. The use of customer discovery and rapid iteration is at the heart of today’s most successful ventures.
- Hands-on experience using personas to focus your understanding of the customer
- How to create a day-in-the-life board for your persona
- Use of storyboards to operationalize, present, and test your understanding of customer habits and actions
- Techniques to interview customers & draw conclusions
- Ability to structure the uncertainty in a new venture or project into testable assumptions
- Use of the Business Model Canvas to draft, discuss, present and test a business model
For more on the process of Venture Design, please see Venture Design page.
For more on workshops and materials, please see the Online Workshops page.
Who We Are
nex-us \L.fr. nexus, pp. of nectere, to bind\ 1: connection, link 2: a connected group 3: center or focus
nex-t 1: closest to in space 2: closest to in time
swissnex San Francisco is part of a knowledge network with nodes in the world’s most innovative hubs—Bangalore, Boston, San Francisco, Shanghai, Singapore, and Rio de Janeiro—where the future is being shaped.
swisssnex is an initiative of Switzerland’s State Secretariat for Education, Research and Innovation (SERI), managed in cooperation with the Department of Foreign Affairs as an annex of the Consulate General of Switzerland in San Francisco. A public-private venture, vital financial support is provided by partners, sponsors, and donors sharing swissnex San Francisco’s commitment to connecting the dots.